Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies

I rarely have a desire for dessert - I will always chose bread and butter over a sweet. But when I do crave something sweet I want it immediately and have no patience with baking. Enter No Bake Cookies.

I found these on the Food Network site, and they are both fast and fantastic! I love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter so I know that these won't stick around long!

Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies

2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups oatmeal

In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil, the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk. Let the mixture boil for 1 minute then add peanut butter and vanilla and stir well to allow peanut butter to mix in. Remove from heat and stir in oatmeal and blend well. On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls. Chill in the refrigerator until cooled and hardened. Makes about 3 dozen (depending on how much batter you eat!)

Hugs!

No comments: