Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Roasted Romanesco - Italian Cauliflower

I discovered this gorgeous vegetable a few years ago but I had never seen it at the farmers' markets here until a couple of weeks ago. I can't stop buying it or eating it and everyone I introduce it to is similarly obsessed.

I have only roasted it with olive oil and salt and pepper, which brings out its nutty cauliflower flavor. But at the same time there is a hint of green, like roasted spinach or Swiss chard.

While this hardly qualifies as a recipe I just wanted to get the word out about this amazing vegetable. I have a feeling it is very seasonal and will disappear soon. If you can find it get some!


Roasted Romanesco


1 head romanescu, cut into florets
olive oil
salt

Toss florets with oil and salt and bake at 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Dust with pepper after you remove from oven.

Hugs!

No comments: