Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Chipotle Kale Pasta

What do you make when hunger hits you over the head and you are too lazy to go any further than your pantry? For me pasta is almost always the answer.

For this quick pantry dish I fished out some locally smoked jalapenos AKA chipotles, rehydrated them and sauteed them with a healthy dose of garlic and kale. The smokiness of the peppers was soothingly comforting on a chilly night and the heat - yup, they're still jalapenos! - warmed my bones on a deeper level.


I had some whole wheat spaghetti that needed to be used, so it was the pasta companion. But shells or rotini might have been better suited to catch the kale and chipotles and capture them into perfect bites on your fork.

It was such a simple recipe that I almost forwent sharing it, but realizing that it has been too long since participating in Presto Pasta Nights, I decided to share. So I am sending this over to Jamie of Cooking With Moxie. Enjoy!

Chipotle Kale Pasta
(serves 3-4)

1 lb pasta - rotini, shells, fusili, spaghetti
1 bunch kale or collard greens, washed, destemmed and cut into ribbons
2 dried chipotles, rehydrated in boiling water for 10 minutes and chopped
olive oil
4-5 cloves garlic, chopped
salt

Bring large pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta. Meanwhile saute garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes until it begins to soften. Add chipotle and stir 30 seconds. Add kale or collard greens and saute for 5-7 minutes until completely wilted but still toothy to the taste. Drain pasta and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add kale mixture to pasta and mix well. Add salt to taste and serve.

Hugs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like this receipe. Anything to do with kale, I'm interested. And this on is good. JPET