Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Biscuit Fritata with Hollandaise, Feta and Capers

My boyfriend loves breakfast, especially decadent ones I make on the weekends. He also is a classically trained chef in the French style. I am a home cook, self-taught, and overwhelmingly ignorant of most things French other than quiche or aioli. Since he loves Hollandaise sauce, I decided to concoct a special brunch meal and try my hand at this elusive sauce.

I'm happy to report it was delicious!

Happily my beau was able to give me pointers so that the sauce came out beautifully, and it was the first time we cooked together, without anyone getting hurt. You know what they say about too many cooks in the kitchen!

This is not something you're going to whip together in a few minutes. However, it was well worth the hour it took from start to finish. We were very happy with our Saturday morning meal!

Biscuit Fritata with Hollandaise, Feta and Capers
Serves 3-4

Fritata
4 eggs
1 teaspoon milk
4 leaves swish chard
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil

Hollandaise
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon water
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
pinch salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
4 oz (1 stick) butter

Biscuit
2 cups pastry or all purpose white flour
5 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces and chilled
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

feta cheese, crumbled
capers

No comments: